Plan a winter home spa day with these tips, tricks, and products sure to make you feel warm and toasty, no matter the weather outdoors.
This post also contains affiliate links based on my personal experience with products that support a seasonal lifestyle. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I hope you find them useful.
Use these 10 steps to plan the perfect winter home spa day!
There’s nothing like a little planning and preparation for getting the most out of any time we set aside for ourselves. Limit interruptions and create a sacred space so that you nourish the mind and spirit, as well as your body, during your winter home spa day.
The following 10 steps will get you to a rejuvenated body and relaxed state of mind. You can use them to plan a spa day that lasts a few hours or an entire day. The only rule is to make it perfect for you!
1. Plan your perfect winter home spa day.
A little planning goes a long way. Sometime in the week before your winter home spa day, take an hour to plan your day and pull together the supplies you’ll need to care for your body, mind, and spirit.
Some things you might like to consider include:
- What day is best for the people in my life? By choosing a spa day that works for everyone’s calendar, you ensure an interruption-free day for you!
- Grab your journal and set your intention for the day. How do you hope to feel at the end of your winter home spa day? What changes do you expect to see in your body? How might this day change your daily routine for the remainder of the winter months?
- Make a list of supplies you’ll need for the day. Then plan on how you will pull them all together. A little work upfront makes for a more relaxing spa day.
2. Set the mood.
A few well-placed baubles and carefully selected music can help you deepen the relaxing experience of your winter home spa day. Focus on the whole house, or just the rooms you’ll use for the day. You can get as lavish or focused as suits your soul.
Here are somet things to consider:
- Fragrant candles, incense, or diffusers can bring that elegant spa feeling right into your home. Relaxing fragrances can include lavender, mint, vanilla, or musk.
- Background music is a real mood booster. Make sure to create a playlist that can last the entire length of your home spa day experience.
- If it’s in your budget, a fluffy robe and slippers might be what the doctor ordered to soothe your winter-weary self.
- Perhaps you’d like to create an altar to energize your day with healing crystals, flowers, and artwork.
- A fluffy and absorbent towel and washcloth are a nice way to bring a little decadence into your spa day.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated with herbal teas and flavored waters!
3. Do this morning meditaiton to open your heart space.
Start the day with this heart connection. You’ll more easily find the guilt-free space to care for yourself.
4. Give yourself a lucious facial.
I watched a gazillion video instructions for home facials and found this one the most instructive. I hope you find it inspiring and helpful.
5. Pamper those feet!
Here’s your mid-list comendy relief and foot care primmer!
6. Give back to your hands.
Use this 7-minute video to get comprehensive tips for handcare during your spa day and every day.
7. Take a restorative nap.
Use this background music to help you drift into a deep and restorative nap. Give your body time to receive all the tender, loving care you offered it today.
8. Then a long soak.
Relax even more deeply into your home spa day by rising from your nap and falling into a perfect bubble bath.
9. Nourishing foods for your winter home spa day
When planning your winter home spa day, remember to plan your meals. I recommend restorative foods that are easy on the digestive system like bone broths, organic salads, and fruits.
As mentioned above, remember to stay hydrated with teas and flavored waters.
10. Ease back into your seasonal life!
Give family and friends clear instructions about how you want to re-enter life after your spa day. Don’t leave loved ones guessing how to help you stay healthy and happy long after your retreat.
One thing I learned years ago to help with the transition is to remember the people in your life have missed you. When you see your loved ones, ask them how they are. When you plan to re-enter this way, you won’t feel resentful at their intrusion. This other-focused approach also makes friends and family feel missed. They’ll know how glad you are to see them.
Join the Seasonal Living Community!
We also gather over email once a week to focus on one specific garden, kitchen, or wellness topic in-depth, with lots of step-by-step how-to’s. The best way to jump into the email conversation is with the Seasonal Living Workbook. You can download it here and explore the seasonal living framework with an email course!
So much love and free information in one place, but it’s not the same without YOU!
It’s all a part of the seasonal living framework!
The seasonal living framework rests on 5 pillars: gardening, cooking, self-care, activism, and astrology. Learn all about it by clicking the image below and download the Seasonal Living Framework Workbook!
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!